Yule Log Cake Baking Video
Preparing the chocolate ganache
- Double boil and melt the chocolate butter. Whisk 100g of whipping cream together with the melted chocolate. Let the ganache cool to about room temperature.
Preparing the cake batter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 34 x 38cm jelly roll sheet pan with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper sticks up at least an inch above the sides of the pan on all sides. You’ll use the parchment paper later to lift the cake out of the pan and roll it up.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, baking mix, Pinnacle Super Sponge and whisk together.
- If you are using a mixer, start with the lowest speed for 1 minute, switched to the highest speed for 6 minutes, followed by medium speed for 3 minutes
- Add milk in bit by bit while mixing, followed by vegetable oil.
- Spread the cake batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C, or until the top of the cake springs back when touched and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take batter out and let cool for 20 minutes
- While baking the batter, mix whipping cream and sugar together whip on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spread whipping cream evenly across batter, followed by Fruttose filling.
- Gently roll the batter and trim off both ends. Keep the trimmed-away portion.
- Spread the chocolate ganache across the log cake. Draw tree bark lines with a fork.
- Decorate as desired and finish by sprinkling snow powder over log cake.